Tuesday 31 March 2009

More nautical love




Some days I despise being a woman, when your hormones make you bored, tired, teary, depressed and aggressive all at the same time.
Honestly, at this time, shopping is the only thing that can improve my mood, but it's not my fault! It's based on scientific evidence ladies. A study found that in the ten days before our periods we are more likely to go on a spending spree to deal with the negative emotions created by our hormonal changes.
Which is why I feel no guilt about my latest purchases bought in a lunchtime frenzy at River Island. And it seems right now I am really feeling nautical.
Found a lovely and so versatile navy striped vest top with silver stitching for just £9.99. It's extremely long - I have noticed many height street chains have suddenly extended their tops in length lately. I'm positive it's to cover your bum when you are wearing leggings. But also, this means it can double up as a mini dress in the height of summer. Yay. Also works well with jeans, and tucked into these extremely cute tiny weeny retro shorts I found.
How adorable are these? Admittedly spending £26.99 on this tiny scrap of material is perhaps a bit steep but just look at the red bow belt, the cute little buttons! Perfect for the beach or the park in summer. Or, for between season revelries, over tights and with big heels make these very Katy Perry-esque clubbing wear.
These shorts make me so happy I have totally forgotten about my hormones.
P.S. I also love geeks! Just £18 for this uber cute print tee from Top Shop. Perfect with skinny jeans & ballet pumps. If it's good enough for Pixie and the like...

No comments: