Wednesday 11 March 2009

Shoe Pervert - incapable of buying sensible shoes.


After spending months crippling myself by running up and down four flights of stairs in stilts I made a big decision. I decided to buy some black, sensible but still chic shoes for work, that go with all my work outfits and cause my feet minimal pain. 
After work tonight I strode out onto Oxford Street with a sense of purpose. I was going to find the perfect black, sensible shoes!
Two hours of trailing listlessly round shoe shops not seeing anything black and sensible that I actually liked followed. I admit I nearly gave up hope. Almost in a state of desperation, I walked into Dotty P.
Then I saw it... the new Belle & Mimi stand. Joy ensued as I salivated over the cute forties style courts. Belle & Mimi once made ugly shoes for Barretts, now they make tres cute sexy Dita Von Teese style office shoes for Dorothy Perkins.
I tried on at least three different pairs. A burgandy pair with black piping, some brogue style courts with a cute cream bow... these were workie, these were sensible(ish). I wanted them all so very much. But I eventually went for some very gothy style black courts with cross over lace ups. Only £45. Just check the pic!
Ok, in retrospect, they aren't that sensible. But they are black! And one out of two ain't bad. 
I'm just not a sensible shoe person, I tried, I really did. But why should I spend my hard earned cash on something that makes me feel like a frump, when I can get something sexy and risque that makes me feel fabulously powerful?    
The thing I love even more about Belle & Mimi? The cute shoe box! With the pastel stripes and the green polka dots and the cute gilded gold framing the italic title. Again, check out the pic!
I'm so happy, but now I'm addicted. I want to buy them all. It's going to all my strength not to buy them all. I love Belle & Mimi!

No comments: