Friday 27 March 2009

Shoe Pervert - The cage shoe.



I don't get the Yves Saint Laurent cage boot. The heel is horrid, it's unflattering, it's totally impractical in a totally rubbish way. 
What do I do if it rains or just gets a bit cold? Is it for summer? And if so, how would this look anything but incongruous with the rest of my summer wardrobe? Is it a between season piece, for spring, autumn? Is it meant to be modern art? 
It's fucking ugly modern art if so. I do get the whole futuristic heel vibe, it doesn't always have to be retro frills with me. I have nothing against a bit of steel and a few spikes, I even quite enjoy it. But I'm sorry, what idiot has shelled out thousands of squids on this ugly monstrosity?!
It's a good thing Top Shop's take on it is far more accessible, with a nice cream stiletto heel on a Lady Gaga style ankle boot and at a mere £70, at least a grand cheaper. 

No comments: