Monday 2 March 2009

Wet-look leggings - quite a conundrum

I want a pair but... would I ever wear them?
I love girls wearing them on the tube with complete defiance, fur coat idly slung over their shoulders. I love Lady Gaga strutting about in them in her Pokerface video. I want to look as cool as Lady Gaga in said video. I hope, with all the endless squats I do, my legs and bum are up to it.
My sister tells me I'll look stupid. We're in brave fashion territory here. Will the shiny legging last? Will I ever actually be brave enough to leave the house in them?
And, can you believe it, there are different styles of the wet-look legging. There is the uber shiny, bondage style or the less shiny dancer style, which wrap around the foot.
Miss Gaga of course did the uber shiny bondage style with a fantastic black PVC one shoulder top and I love her for it. Also, this could work with a retro 50's style top, make up and hair do. If it works on a River Island model in this weeks Look it can sure as hell work for me.
But the dancer style worked very well on Miss Daisy Lowe. She displayed a more subtle approach towards the look, with some bulky strappy heels and a ruffled strapless minidress. However, due to the sheerness of this type of dancer legging, bum must be covered! Other friends agree I can pull off the more subtle dancer style wet-look legging as long as I wear a longish top to cover up most of my bum. So big heels (very much like the pink ones today featured on shoe pervert) and a long top/jumper dress with lots of gold accessories and a surly look on my face is just what we're after.
Which look to go for, bondage or dancer?
You know what, screw it. At just £12 from New Look for both styles, I can afford to do both.

No comments: