Monday 27 April 2009

Bandeaus and bags


Usually strapless is something I tend to avoid. Unless of course the strapless item is highly structured and can keep my boobs in place.
For the summery sweetheart jersey bandeau this is so never the case. But I do think they are so cute and fifties. Very useful in the summer too, go with everything.
Soooo, I propose something that could be considered totally classless but I honestly think adds to the fifties take on the summer bandeau. Black bandeau, black not strapless bra, black nurse style belt. Trashy I do not think. Worn well with curls and red lips the exposed bra straps create a neckline that is totally fifties starlet. (N.B this does not work on white or light coloured clothes, now that is trashy.) You can currently pick up a a black bandeau in Miss Selfridge for just a tenner. A new dress, just a tenner! That is recession fashion, oh yes.   
And while I was perusing Miss Selfridge I found this beautiful cream quilted slouchy handbag with long gold chain strap for £25. The material is so soft I could stroke it forever. And it goes with the purse discussed in my last post! How perfect. And how perfect are my housemates for buying it for me for my birthday?!   

No comments: