Friday 3 April 2009

Miss Moss

In the ad shots for her new Spring Summer collection for Top Shop, I LOVED her tousled mega curl hair. 
Sadly, that's it. 
The 9th Kate Moss collection is nice... but it's rather bland and not particularly wearable. I do like the use of the Liberty prints, especially in the dress pictured, but, I'm not blown away. None of it is particularly fresh or original. In fact the floral dresses and playsuits have been hanging round the high street for a while. And some of it looks almost frumpy. 
I think what erks me about these collections is, not only the fact that none of them fit my figure - yes Kate, women have BOOBS and I can't wear a delicate rose dress with tiny weeny triangles that constitute a top - but the priceyness... a vest top costs double just because of her tag. And it works! Us foolish women buy it! Pah. I'm boycotting. (Although not just because of my principles, I'm also rather poverty stricken at present.)
Also, what is this about Top Shop opening up in New York? What?! According to an NYer I know people were queueing around the block to get in. Top Shop's website talks as if we should be excited about this move. Excited?! We're officially giving away our best kept secret. Sir Philip Green has betrayed us British girls by selling out to the Americans.
Doubt he cares, he's probably laughing all the way back to his diamond encrusted yacht in Monaco. 
 


No comments: