Friday 23 January 2009

Shoe pervert - I changed my mind.

Ok, last week I created a sister blog to Sartorial: Shoe Pervert. As the name suggests, Shoe Pervert was dedicated solely to the illustrious wonder and fascination I have for shoes. I decided to do this after realising I possibly spend more time shoe perving than I do looking at any other type of clothing.
However, it didn't work and so will return to being a mere feature on Sartorial. It didn't work for three reasons:
One, I'm not a computer nerd, there are lots of things about this blogging malarky I'm still working out. I couldn't work out how to connect my sister blog to my, er, mother blog, I couldn't work out how to get my tweets onto Shoe Pervert or Shoe Pervert onto twitter and the design kind of looked, well, a bit shit. I'm not saying Sartorial is fantastic, but definitely passable.
Second, despite appearances I don't spend my entire life shopping. (I wish.) I do actually have a full time job and don't actually have time to write TWO blogs, with decent posts on each.
And finally, I missed putting up pictures of shoes on my mother blog.
However, I didn't want to deprive my 'huge' audiences (Hi Gary) of my shoe perving over the past week. So now I will also post the shoes I have salivated over this week. It's a bumper Shoe Pervert edition!
First up, my Shoe pervert pledge:
Although one of my goals for the year is to save up to buy a pair of designer shoes (I thought it was about time I owned a pair, which I will probably never wear for fear of them getting hurt and just keep them at home to cuddle) I am all about the affordable fashion, high street copies, designer rip offs. I cannot afford Manolos, in fact sometimes Top Shop is a stretch for me.
And so my pledge is to never, ever feature a pair of shoes that cost more than £100. To be honest, even £100 feels a little steep to me for a pair of shoes, but I felt I should go that high for when boot season comes round again.
Shoe pervert is about affordable, but still beautiful and covetable footwear.

No comments: