Monday 12 January 2009

The eighties are back...


After taking a sneaky peek at this 2009's Spring/Summer collections it seems the high street isn't going to allow me to escape my youth.
Eighties high glamour is in for your average girl. Tacky lighting stripe style belts, off the shoulder baggy T-shirts, footless leggings under lime green dresses, ruffled pastel-coloured prom dresses with flat shoes, side ponytails - oh how irony covers a multitude of sins. 
It looks like I shall be out of step next season if this continues. However, I did spy two other trends that could help empty my purse. 
Vintage polka dots are back (in my land, they never went away) as is Buttercup, a look to be found at River Island, all cute check dresses with stompy slouchy cowgirl boots. Now that excites me.  

No comments: