Tuesday 13 January 2009

Going Gaga for the lady.


It's only the 13th of January and already it seems
we have a new style icon for 2009.
At just 22 Lady Gaga has hit number one with her single Just Dance, she has written songs for Britney and Christina has copied her style (Jealous, moi?).
My lord this woman can dress. So much attitude, this amazing Blondie vibe with a very current twist.  
In her music video for Just dance she stomps into a house party in huge patent black and gold heels, huge sunnies and a big shoulder-padded pink coat, later she poses on a sofa in a huge leopard print smock and tiny little patent black ankle boots. The lines in her clothes are beautifully messy and contrasted. Her blonde hair is cut sharp, lightening bolts across her very conventionally pretty face make her seem unique and unconventional.  
I admit it's not my usual thing. She's too edgy for my usual tastes. However, if Christina sees something in her, then I can god damn well too. 
And her song makes me feel happy. Really digging the electro pop right now. 
All hail the rise and rise of Lady Gaga.

No comments: