Monday 12 January 2009

A bag that made me dribble all over someone on a crowded tube


I'm not even that into bags - but this was just strokeably wonderful.
Miu Miu, quilted, big chunky gold clasp, beautiful soft black leather, it was structured yet casual all at the same time, but it wasn't just these mere things that did it for me. What really got my attention? The big gold chain.
Once so chavvy, the big gold chain was once synonymous with adidas, chunky gold hoop earrings on Essex girls with a croydon facelift. Now, ever since the infamous  Marc Jacobs 'Stam bag' (see right) the big chunky gold chain is so chic in an ironic, rock chick kind of way. It's a bit tough, says that you can cope on your own (well, if anyone tried to mug you and you lumped 'um with that chain it would do quite some damage.)  
What I would give to be Jessica Stam with my own version in ever colour... at £744 a piece, not in my lifetime. 
The softer Chanel chain is something I also adore. 
The chain is a fashion piece that has been around a while - the 'Stam bag' is in fact more than a year old. Hardly cutting edge. However, I feel the chain is enjoying a resurgence. A chained bag will be the bag of choice for 2009.  And Elle magazine agrees with me, so it must be true. 


No comments: