Monday 18 May 2009

Ten ways to avoid shopping

1) Don't leave my office in my lunch hour, instead read on my offices pretty roof terrace.
2) Don't buy magazines. Not only are magazines expensive but they are also full of pretty clothes and outfit suggestions. I must avoid these at my peril. I cannot want the latest it shoes, if I am unaware of their existence.
3) Don't look in shop windows. In fact when leaving or going to work, always be in a rush, this way the lure of Oxford Street will merely blur as I run by. 
4) Don't go in shops. In fact, try very hard not to buy people clothes as birthday presents so you don't have to go in shops. Madness ensues when I go in shops. 
5) Become a member of my local library. This means I can get the pleasure of getting something new, without actually buying anything. 
6) Replace my shopping addiction with a reading books addiction, this is going to make me a fuller, better, more interesting person. I can really work the hot librarian look too. So love geek chic.
7) Have fun with my current wardrobe. Pull out old clothes and mix it up, be a bit more creative and make outfits I hadn't considered before. This will hopefully satiate my desire to look new and different.
8) Leave the plastic at home. If I only have £20 cash in my purse, I will think twice about handing it over in Top Shop. I will want to buy drinks and food with it.
9) Don't talk about clothes or shopping. The more I talk about clothes and shopping, the more I think about clothes and shopping. The more I think about clothes and shopping, the more I will want to go shopping for clothes. Other acceptable topics for discussion include: Books, current affairs, health, sex, Robert Pattinson.  
10) Reward myself with a treat for every week I haven't shopped. Milky Ways work.  

No comments: