Friday 29 May 2009

Breaking News! I walked out of Primark!

Today I exercised self control I wasn't aware I possessed.
As part of my non-shopping, fuller, healthier person rehabilitation my friend and I have signed up for some (cheap) Bikram yoga classes. Now as I'm going to be doing yoga in a sauna I realised none of my jogging bottoms would really be appropriate. So I needed some gym shorts. I felt that was ok, I do actually need the shorts. I'm sure housemate Claire will approve. And the pair I picked up only cost £1.97 so I hardly broke the bank.
And would you believe it, I walked in Primark, picked up the shorts, paid for them... and walked out.
I walked out!! I didn't buy anything else! Does this mean I'm cured from my shopping addiction?! Ok, probably not.
I admit I had a couple of very weak moments. I saw the cutest quilted clutch. I didn't look at the price, I knew that would make me buy it. And some gorgeous gladiator sandals, somehow so much nicer than the pair I had on. And this amazing red patent bag, and such a cute little floral skirt with mismatched buttons, and this great blue bandage dress and...
Ok, so more than just a couple of weak moments. But I didn't pick anything up, I didn't actually buy anything but the shorts I had planned to buy! I am rational and in control!
I am so proud of myself right now. I think another Milky Way is in order.
Although I may have to find another reward, otherwise I am going to become quite tubby.

No comments: