Wednesday 27 May 2009

Admitting my number

It's not quite the end of week two yet, but I know I am going to get to it easy. Milky Way, woo!
I became a member of my local library, have acquired an obsession with reading a whole saga of books - which will hopefully keep me occupied during shopping hours. I have not purchased any magazines and when I flicked through my sisters Company mag, I read all the features rather than analysing the fashion pages. I haven't gone in any shops and I am certain the desire to is fading. Admittedly walking past Selfridges on Monday was a difficult moment. But I did it!
However, it's not all good news. As I mentioned in my last post, I seem to very quickly have replaced spending my money on pretty clothing with spending my money on other frivolous but not at all necessary things. These things include cocktails, chocolate, cocktails, chocolate, etc.
And as I'm doing quite well at the giving up shopping, I think I can give up other unhealthy expensive things too. Or at the very least majorly cut down.
But, well, I need a target. I need to be able to see my overdraft disappearing. It's like when you go on a diet. You need to see weight loss to keep motivated.
Currently my overdraft ain't budging. I need to see results for sacrificing some of my favourite things in life.
So, I'm going to do something potentially embarrassing. I'm going to admit quite how big my overdraft is. Now I don't want any people turning their noses up saying it's not that much. In my eyes it certainly is! And this is before student loan. This is purely consumer debt. And even worse, I've just been paid.
Ok, big breath. My number is... £1,974.48. I owe the bank nearly two grand.
But it's not impossible to sort out. I've been in this situation before and I got out of it, even though I certainly wasn't paid as well as I am now. And it will go down, every week the number is going to get smaller. That's my motivation ladies and gents.
Fuck me, this is going to be so hard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

>I need to be able to see my overdraft disappearing.

Now that sounds like a good excuse for a pretty chart if ever there was one ;-). Everyone loves a chart!