Wednesday 17 December 2008

I'm a curvy lady - can I get away with lace?



As much as I want to be the next Kate Moss and wear the divine all over lace mini dress creation from Oasis featured below, sadly my body shape, not to mention my bank balance, can't quite hack it. At £100 and generally crafted for skinny women, all this twenties style flapper dress does for me is make me look like a sack of very poor potatoes.
Which is desperately sad - look at the beading and detail, it's a work of art. So I will get over my pain by merely featuring it on my blog. At least then I get to look at it, even if I can't wear it.
Lace is huge this season though, and I believe I have found a subtle and elegant way to wear it, even if you are more Jade Goody than Kate Moss. If you can draw your eyes away from the beautiful mini dress for five seconds you will find that Oasis have done a very sweet twist on the basic black shift dress. With just a hint of lace at the neckline, this gives a nod to the trend without being too hooker, too goth or too Desperately Seeking Susan. For £60, it's a bit more purse friendly and it pulls in at the waist and skims over the thighs. So it's actually flattering for any women who are, well, shaped like women. I'm already running to Oasis to get mine. 



  

No comments: