Wednesday 24 June 2009

Shopaholic goes on holiday

I have been on a fortnight tour of Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Vienna and Bratislava and thus far, haven´t bought any clothes!
No offence to the Germans and Eastern Europeans but, fashion sense here is rather rubbish. My travelling buddy Beth and I even hunted out a shoe shop that the guide book said is Vienna´s veritable shoe paradise. Well Austrian people have shit taste in shoes. They were all so ugly! The lack of Top Shops, Miss Selfridges, River Islands and Faiths has made not shopping pretty easy for me too.
However, it seems I have supplemented clothes shopping with buying souvenirs for everyone I know. Well, I´m not technically shopping for me, they are presents for other people, so it really is totally guilt free! I get the shopping buzz and a feeling of supreme generosity as I am only really thinking of others. Seriously my dear friends and family, expect a lot of souvenir crap when I get home! (Well, actually some of it is very nice so please be grateful.)
Also, I´m not sure I can hold off on the clothes shopping for much longer. Today Beth and I went to the main shopping street in Vienna and I went into H&M, Mango and Zara. According to Beth the look of delight and relief on my face as we entered H&M was like a dying woman being given a second chance at life. It is just wonderful and also quite worrying how being in a shop can make me feel so happy and content with the world. I just feel like I belong under that strip lighting.
Amazingly I didn´t buy anything but a very cute polka dot umbrella with frills, which I do really need as it´s really raining in Vienna and my brolly had broken.
However, I did spy a very cute little black nightie, some cool converse trainers with tarten lining and an amazing pair of fringed white gladiator sandals in Zara (I really don´t like the ones I currently own.) So tonight I will count how many euros I have left and tomorrow I may purchase one of the above. I figured that´s ok, I´ve budgeted for those euros already, I´m just going to spend them on food, alcohol and souvenirs anyway, it´s technically money I have already spent at the post office and it will be such a pain to change any left over currency back.
And I´m holiday! I´ve been so good, surely I deserve a little reward?

Current Overdraft total: No idea, haven´t looked at it since I left.

No comments: