Thursday 4 June 2009

This week had been hard.

Despite my earlier success, in week three I'm now really starting to feel the pinch. 
At least ten things this week have made me utterly desperate to shop.
1) I looked through Look magazine. Big mistake. 
2) I've realised I don't actually much like the gladiator sandals I bought in my final splurge. I would like to buy new ones. Most specifically a white pair with gold studs from River Island.   
3) My housemate went on a shopping spree in River Island, she not only bought the cutest little floral top, she also got the white gladiator sandals with gold studs. She's so lucky!
4) I have finished the unbelievably absorbing saga of books I was reading. The book I have replaced them with is a bit pants. My mind is no longer occupied with vampire duels and love stories (yes, my taste in books resembles that of a teenage girl) and so it is wandering once more to shops. 
5) The women in my bikram yoga classes are all so trendy. So frustrating, I'm doing sweaty yoga to keep my mind off shopping, not to make me want to shop more! 
6) This morning I pulled a beautiful pair of red heels out of my wardrobe that I haven't worn for ages, as I've said in previous posts, part of this shopping ban is to appreciate the many facets of my wardrobe that have been forgotten. So I decided I would wear them today. As I hobbled off the tube and to work I realised why I haven't worn the beautiful red heels in ages. They fucking hurt! And that's from a woman who can handle heels. Anyway, this hobbling from the tube meant that I wasn't able to walk very fast. This meant I got a very generous look into H&M and at a very cute yellow sundress that is the perfect shape for my figure. This made me want to go inside H&M and buy it. 
7) I had a check up at the dentist this morning. It cost me £70. I could have bought at least two new pairs of gladiator sandals and possibly a floral playsuit (a woman was wearing one at Bikram yoga, she looked so amazing) with that £70 instead of wasting it on my fucking teeth.  
8) I'm bored. When I'm bored I shop. 
9) I'm not feeling particularly sexy at present either. Usually, when I feel a bit dowdy and unsexy, I would just nip to Miss Selfridge, shove on a figure hugging dress and instantly feel better. Currently I am not allowed to do this. Boooooooooo. 
10) The Bravissimo catalogue came in the post. The model on the front looked amazing in a multi-coloured striped bikini. I want to buy the bikini. This world isn't fair. 

My current overdraft position: £1,522.33. Still a long way to go. :(    

No comments: