Friday 6 February 2009

Can Alice in Wonderland mend my broken heart?

I have recently split up with somebody. It's not something I am going to go into here (that's a whole other blog I got into a lot of trouble for), but suffice to say my poor romantic soul has been very bruised.
How shall I heal myself from this heartbreak? I shall deal with it as I deal with everything. I shall go shopping. 
But I shall shop for a very specific, very cheerful look. A look that will take me back to my crazy childhood days in an ironic (i.e. not eighties) way. It's all about the outlandish Alice in Wonderland. Loads of red, blue and white, stripes, cinched in waists, pinafores, headbands, circus-style tulle mini skirts, theatrical Vivienne Westwood-esque platform shoes and even top hats. It's like combining the circus with a victorian school girl then adding a dash of LSD.
It's something Sienna & Savannah of twenty8twelve/Jude Law nannygate fame have styled in this months Glamour, something Britney channelled in her Circus video and Christina in her Back to Basics album. A look Top Shop is so into, it has even painted playing card motifs onto store walls. It's the perfect girlish look to soothe my love battered soul.
But rather than Sienna & Savannah's English rose gypsy version, I'm going for a more retro feel with garish but still rather sexy tights, sharp lines (no linen for me!) and perfect red lips. At the end of the day, I still need to show the reason for my sore heart exactly what he is missing.  


  

No comments: