Tuesday 20 October 2009

7 days, 7 ways. Day one with The Maureen Rice project

Day one and already I have spilt some cream sauce down my dress (it was ok, got it off with some enthusiastic rubbing) and had to crank out the febreeze because my underarms are a bit whiffy. This is what happens when you wear jumper dresses on the tube.
However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new dress. I wore it very simply today, just black diamond tights, black cage lace up shoe boots and my favourite gold envelope necklace. Perfect for work and going to lunch with a friend at The Guardian offices (they all look very cool there, I had to dress appropriately).
And you know, I feel good about styling this dress for the next few days. I've had a little sort through my wardobe and I think I can do a lot with it. Layering with skirts and shirts, playing with big belts and clashing shoes. In fact, I'm confident that some people at work won't even notice I've been wearing the same dress for seven days running.
And yes, I'm sorry I've cut my head off in the picture, but it's about the clothes people, not my face/inept photographic skills.

1 comment:

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

This sounds interesting. I an a challenge last year and again last month to design a capsule wardrobe for a working week. Yake 10 items and 5 accessories and style them in a smany ways as possible. Twenty of us form across the globe took part and had a great time - leanring a lot on the way. I will watch your challenge with interest.