Friday 15 May 2009

The final splurge











My final splurge is proof that I have to stop.
In just one hour, I spent about £150 on four pairs of shoes and two tops.
FOUR pairs of shoes, in ONE HOUR!
Honestly, I felt sick as I sat on the tube. I knew I had spent too much. Even as I was passing over my card at the counter I knew I was spending too much. But I couldn't stop!
This is why I have to stop and go 100% cold turkey. Mini measures, weaning yourself off, that I cannot do!
Sadly I didn't find the boots that I feel are the hole in my wardrobe. Totally the wrong time of year, I shall have to wait for the autumn/winter collections to come out in August.
But I did find a pair of gladiator sandals, just £16 from New Look, that will come in very useful. Also a pair of very sweet white flat sandals, again, veerrry useful for the upcoming summer months and again only £22 from New Look.
New Look also provided well on the top front. This seriously cute 'Go bananas' T-shirt only cost £12 and was perfect for WCRF's 'Go banana's on Fruity Friday campaign.' (That's the charity I work for, just in case you didn't know.) and this very cute red & white striped vest top with cute ruffles, again very useful for summer and just £12.
That's the useful stuff over with. Now, for the frivolous stuff.
My first pair of new heels were less frivolous than the second. I had been looking for some weddingy style heels for a while to go with my strapless red cocktail dress and beaded cream clutch. So when I spied these beautiful cream Marilyn heels in Primark, just £15 with the cutest gold edged bow detail, I just had to have!
After that I honestly thought my spree was over. My feet hurt, I was very hungry. I was homeward bound. But then what did I spy in the Dorothy Perkins window just as I was heading for the tube... the most beautiful Miu Miu style pink crossover courts with a snakeskin heel. I honestly have been waiting for these shoes to come into DP for months and months. How very serendipitous they have came in during my final splurge. It was fate, my one last shoe present. Just look at them, for £55, and they really do look designer.
So that's it. Unless anyone happens to see any black biker style boots for under £50, I'm finished, shopping ka put.
Right now I'm not that depressed. I'm enjoying my new purchases too much.
Can't see that lasting long mind...

No comments: